Prototype and Component Load Testing
Accolade Measurement has over 20 years’ expertise in delivering fast and accurate load testing of components, products and prototypes, that enable our clients from all types of sectors to make more informed engineering decisions going forward.
Examples of load testing we offer
Static load tests (up to 8000kN)
• Compression load testing
• Tension load testing
• Shear load testing
Dynamic load tests
• Soft & hard body impact load testing
• Fatigue (lifecycle) load testing
• Vibration testing
• Wind tunnel testing
What is prototype & component load testing?
Prototype load testing is a key part of the design process. Once a prototype has been manufactured load testing can confirm whether the design performs safely, whether the product meets the design specification / British Standard, and help to identify any potential faults.
There are numerous types of prototype load tests depending upon the relevant requirements of the design criteria or British or International Standard.
Why have your prototype & component load tested?
Prototype load testing demonstrates whether the design works as it was intended to. The outcome of load testing, either pass or fail, gives the designer crucial information to enable informed decisions on whether the design requires improvement or if it is ready for production.
As well as demonstrating the current prototype performs safely, load testing may help identify improvements to the design – leading to savings in material and production costs.
Why choose Accolade Measurement?
Being a small team of qualified civil, mechanical and computer engineers we are able to mobilise fast to ensure your load testing is completed as swiftly as possible. Testing and reporting is in strict accordance with ISO & ASTM International Standards and British Standards. Our test engineers use their extensive experience to ensure the testing and results we provide are relevant and reliable.
Our UKAS ISO 9001 accreditation ensures our services consistently meet our customer’s requirements, and that the quality of our work is consistently improving.
Accolade Measurement has an exceptional record in providing prototype load testing for the construction, infrastructure, transport, petrochemical, energy and retail sectors.
Our clients are often impressed by the speed of our work, our technical capabilities, our attention to detail, and how we always strive to do the right thing.
Previous mechanical load testing includes
• Construction – Roof decking; scaffolding components; external cladding & glazing brackets; masonry cutting unit
• Infrastructure – Viaducts & bridges; CT scanning room floor; Substation switch room components; wharf pontoon structure
• Transport – HGV transport cages; yacht trailer chassis; tram rail lifting system; tyre changing carrier
• Petrochemical – LDPE plant components; semi-submersible offshore platform legs; deep sea lifting components
• Energy – Prototype solar panel lifting mechanism; tunnel light fittings
• Retail – Automated shuttle device; dock leveller; tyre changing machine components