Mechanical Load Testing
Accolade Measurement has over 20 years’ expertise in delivering static and dynamic mechanical load testing of structures, components, parts and products. Loads applied range from a few kilograms to hundreds of tonnes.
Mechanical load testing we provide
• Tensile tests – a uniaxial force is applied to load the sample in tension
• Compression tests – force is applied to load the sample in compression
• Shear tests – a force is applied in the plane parallel to the cross section of the sample
• Bending tests – support the sample at either end and apply the load at midspan
• Fatigue tests – a cyclic load applied to the sample to simulate its lifetime service use
• Bond strength tests – a force is applied to the adhesive sandwiched between test dollies
• Proof tests – a load applied to the sample that it must resist within deformation limits
What is mechanical load testing?
Mechanical load testing is used to identify whether a structure, component, part or product is suitable for its intended use. Testing consists of monitoring how a test sample reacts when a static or dynamic force is applied to it. There are numerous types of mechanical load testing, each used to assess different properties of the test sample.
Why choose Accolade Measurement?
Being a small team of qualified civil, mechanical and computer engineers we are able to mobilise fast to ensure your mechanical load testing is completed as swiftly as possible. Testing and reporting is in strict accordance with ISO & ASTM International Standards and British Standards. Our test engineers use their extensive experience to ensure the testing and results we provide are relevant and reliable.
Our UKAS ISO 9001 accreditation ensures our services consistently meet our customer’s requirements, and that the quality of our work is consistently improving.
With over 20 years’ engineering experience Accolade Measurement has an exceptional record in providing mechanical load testing for the construction, infrastructure, transport, petrochemical, energy and retail sectors.
Our clients are often impressed by the speed of our work, our technical capabilities, our attention to detail, and how we always strive to do the right thing.
Previous mechanical load testing includes
• Construction – Roof decking; scaffolding components; external cladding & glazing brackets; masonry cutting unit
• Infrastructure – Viaducts & bridges; CT scanning room floor; Substation switch room components; wharf pontoon structure
• Transport – HGV transport cages; yacht trailer chassis; tram rail lifting system
• Petrochemical – LDPE plant components; semi-submersible offshore platform legs; deep sea lifting components
• Energy – Prototype solar panel lifting mechanism; tunnel light fittings
• Retail – Automated shuttle device; dock leveller; tyre changing machine components