Bridge Load Testing
We provide accurate and quick bridge load testing service with the use of our extensive range of load application and movement monitoring equipment. We can apply upwards of hundreds of tonnes to your bridge and monitor structural movement up to 19,000 times a second.
Bridge load testing we provide
• Static load test – apply the load using our large load testing water containers and monitor resulting structural movement
• Dynamic load test – monitor bridge movement during normal operation or application of a rolling load (i.e. heavy goods vehicle), using high frequency movement sensors or non-contact pattern recognition video technology
Why have your bridge load tested?
Bridge load tests are often required to validate design calculations, extend the design service life of the structure or confirm the load capacity. Typical reasons why our clients require bridge load testing:
• To extend the design service life of the structure
• To investigate how the bridge behaves under load
• To allow an increased load on the bridge
• To determine the load capacity of the bridge
• To gather performance data on a bridge where no historical records are available
• After a structural survey identifies a potential risk
• To ascertain if a bridge is safe to use after damage caused due to impact, general deterioration or earthquake
Why choose Accolade Measurement?
With over 20 years engineering experience Accolade Measurement has an exceptional record in providing bridge load testing. Our clients are often impressed by the speed of our work, our technical capabilities, our attention to detail, and how we always strive to do the right thing.
Being a small team of qualified civil, mechanical and computer engineers we are able to mobilise fast to ensure your bridge load testing is completed as swiftly as possible. Testing and reporting is in strict accordance with ISO & ASTM International Standards and British Standards. Our test engineers use their extensive experience to ensure the testing and results we provide are relevant and reliable.
Our UKAS ISO 9001 certification ensures our services consistently meet our customer’s requirements, and that the quality of our work is consistently improving.