Beam Load Testing
LOLER compliant. Arrange next day testing and certification.
Beam load testing we offer:
• Lift shaft beams
• Lifting beams
• Runway beams
• Gantry cranes
• Jibs & davits
Why have your beam load tested?
All lifting operations involving lifting equipment come under LOLER ‘Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998’. This regulation places responsibilities on the ‘duty holder’ – people and companies, who own, operate or have control over lifting equipment. All lifting equipment must be clearly marked to indicate their SWL ‘Safe Working Loads’. This is the maximum load the equipment can safely lift when in use.
Runway beams and lifting eyes are classed as lifting equipment and therefore require load testing and marking with their SWL prior to safe use, in accordance with the British Standard BS2853:2011 ‘Specification for the testing of steel overhead runway beams for hoist blocks.’
Load testing ensures that lifting equipment has been installed correctly and is adequately supported and strong enough to resist the bending and shear forces generated with lifting operations. A certificate of thorough examination is awarded for all runway beams that conform to the British Standard.
When do you need your beam load tested?
• After installation on-site (before first use)
• Whilst in service – if the regular thorough examination identifies anything which is likely to affect the beam’s integrity*
• Following exceptional circumstances – liable to jeopardise the safety of the lifting equipment (i.e. damage, failure or major changes likely to affect the equipment’s integrity)
• If the runway beam has been out of use for a long period of time
* Thorough examinations are carried out at regular intervals specified by LOLER, typically every 6-12 months, depending upon on the conditions the beam is exposed to that may cause deterioration (wet, abrasive or corrosive environments); or in accordance with the examination period drawn up by the competent person in charge.
Why choose Accolade Measurement?
We mobilise fast so you get your load testing completed quickly. We do work right first time – testing and reporting is in strict accordance with BS2853:2011 ‘Specification for the testing of steel overhead runway beams for hoist blocks.’ Our load test engineers use their experience and engineering judgement to ensure the testing and results we provide are relevant and reliable.
Our UKAS ISO 9001 accreditation ensures our services consistently meet our customer’s requirements, and that the quality of our work is consistently improving.
We are based close to London, with excellent transport links allowing us to work nationwide. Our clients are often impressed by the speed of our work, our technical capabilities, our attention to detail, and how we always strive to do the right thing.
Previous testing includes
• Construction – London Olympic Park Basketball Arena; Institution for Animal Health
• Transport – London Overground Stations; Network Rail Stations
• Retail – Harrods, Selfridges, Primark, TK Maxx Stores; Tesco Distribution Depots; Cineworld; Xscape
• Education – University of Essex; University of Warwick; Newton Prep School
• Residential – Elm Lodge Nursing Home; Suffolk Lodge Care Home
• Other – St Francis of Assisi Church; South East Water Depot