Balcony and Internal Wall Load Testing
With over 20 years’ expertise in balcony & internal wall load testing, Accolade Measurement’s engineers have comprehensive practical experience in barrier load testing. Our extensive range of bespoke barrier load testing rigs allows us to quickly load test any barrier.
Load testing we provide
• Maltese (walk out) balcony
• Juliet balcony
• Blockwork walls
• Timber stud walls
• Steel stud walls
• Internal glass walls
• Louvre panelling
Type of testing we provide
• Horizontal uniformly distributed line load
• Infill uniformly distributed load
• Infill point load
• Hard & soft body impact load
Why have your balcony / internal wall load tested?
Proof load tests are often required to validate design calculations, demonstrate the quality of the installation or confirm the safety and suitability of barriers.
Typically our clients require load testing:
• After installation on-site (before first use)
• After a recent failure of a similar barrier
• After a visual inspection identifies a potential risk
• As part of a continuous risk management plan
• Building change of use
• When there are no historical records for a newly purchased property
Why choose Accolade Measurement?
Our extensive range of bespoke load testing rigs allows us to quickly load test any balcony and internal wall design. With over 20 years engineering experience Accolade Measurement has an outstanding record in providing accurate and fast load testing in residential, educational, commercial, retail, arts and sporting premises.
All our balcony and internal wall load testing and reporting is conducted in strict accordance with the following appropriate standards:
• BS 6180:2011 ‘Barriers in and about buildings’
• BS EN 1991-1-1:2002 ‘Actions on structures’
• BS 5234-2:1992 ‘Partitions – Part 2: Specification for strength’
• BS 6399-1:1996 ‘Loading for buildings’
Our UKAS ISO 9001 accreditation ensures our services consistently meet our customer’s requirements, and that the quality of our work is consistently improving.
Previous load testing includes
• Residential – Window louvre panels
• Educational – University atrium glazing
• Commercial – Office roof terrace balcony balustrades
• Retail – Shop floor staircase banisters
• Arts – Theatre balcony railings